Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Sapa, Vietnam

I am sorry for abandoning my blog for a while. My Dad's visit from Russia, my older daughter starting Middle School and a little one going to Kindergarten kept me very busy this month.
I will have to hurry and catch to all the amazing and wonderful happening in the Postcrossing World!
Here is a card I received through an Expat Tag from Jo (RussianRuby). It depicts Sapa (or Sa Pa) - a small picturesque town in Northwestern Vietnam, on the Hoang Lien Son mountain range near the Chinese border. I am especially excited about this card, because it is a home place to one of the minority people, called Hmong. There is a large population of Hmong living in Minnesota after they relocated here as a result of the Vietnam war. If you watched Clint Eastwood's "Gran Torino", these are the people in the movie. I love the tranquil look of these terraced fields and hills! But can't even imagine the walking you have to do to work them!!!


View Larger Map

1 comment: