Thursday, June 4, 2009

Long delay and a new card

I apologize for the long delay in posting new scans. Over the last week and a half I received a lot of new cards that mostly came through the Round Robins I joined online. They all are fun cards and I am having great time researching the places they came from. Unfortunately, Blogspot and my desktop don't cooperate for some reason. I finally figured out how to post from my laptop.

SO, here goes:

A nice card from Porto, Portugal. "The city is located in the estuary of the Douro River in northern Portugal. The largest city in the region, Porto is considered the economic and cultural heart of the entire region. The city, which had an estimated population of about 220,000 (est.2008), lies at the centre of the political Metro area, with a population of slightly more than 1.7 million. One of Portugal's most internationally famous products, Port wine, is named after this city because it is produced in, and shipped from the area."
The card shows Dom Luis I bridge that was built in 1881-1886 by the Eiffel's students, and an old city center which was recently recognized by UNESCO as a World Heritage Site.

No comments:

Post a Comment